We've put together a list of seven things that are sure to help your market stall business grow. Let us know if you've found something that works for your market so we can spread the word!
- Encourage repeat business - with each sale give out a money-off voucher for use within a limited period, say 15% off until the end of the month.
Help customers spread the word by encouraging them to introduce a friend and reward them both by giving them 10% off.
- Make sure your market and your stall are enticing to shoppers to come to visit - your stall should be well-organised with no clutter, clean and tidy, pay attention to the lighting, use spotlights to highlight items you'd like to promote.
- This one's a no-brainer - make sure that everyone working on your stall is friendly, polite and welcoming.
- Make sure you have your business details on your packaging and if possible on your products.
- Work with your market organisers to promote your market, tell the local press what's going on with market events, new stalls, etc., consider setting up a website (don't forget to tell us if you do and we'll link to your website!).
- Promoting your market or market stall is like promoting any small business but it doesn't have to be expensive - here's a great link with other ideas which will help...
- Make sure your entry here on localmarkets is up to date and keep us informed about all the latest news from your market.